Indoor (and outdoor) plants add color, beauty, and a positive impact to your wellbeing. Not sure how to incorporate plants into your space without feeling overrun by vines and leaves? Here are a few ways to quickly transform your space into a cozy green retreat:
· Add plants to bookshelves. A simple addition of hanging vines or ferns gives your room an instant boost. Place potted plants in areas on a shelf or bookcase that look a little sparse and consider using a mix of leaves to really soften the space.
· Use plants to separate living spaces. If you have an open floorplan, plants are the perfect solution to separating spaces. Look for plant species that vary in height and density to keep the space feeling fresh and welcoming.
· More is better. When you really want your plants to stand out, don’t skimp on the placement. Instead of adding pots to random areas of the room, create a cohesive space by adding vines or succulents to windowsills, shelves, countertops, and even room corners.
· Mix things up! To really create an element of urban jungle, both indoors and outdoors, make sure to layer plants from ceiling to floor. Hanging plants, potted plants on stands, and floor planters keep the eye moving around your space.
· Consider a statement plant. Urban jungles aren’t for everyone. Instead, consider a piece that complements the interior of your room – a large indoor tree adds the right amount of color and serves as an accent to décor.