August weather is notorious for being hot, humid, and unpredictable. If you’re planning to attend a wedding this month, here are some garments you’ll want to consider.
Figuring out what to wear for an August wedding could be a bit daunting.
While it’s likely to be hot during the day, temperatures could drop in the evening. Maybe you’re headed to a topical destination or one that sees a lot of late-season weather? We’ve got you covered for that upcoming wedding with these tips:
· Look for lightweight materials. Cotton, linen, and chiffon are all options when shopping for wedding guest attire. Depending on the time of day or destination, look for a garment that allows skin to breathe.
· Patterns can be fun! Daytime wedding outdoors? This is your chance to wear a dress or button-down in a fun print. Florals, palm trees, or geometric patterns are all great options for a late-summer event.
· Take a look at the invitation. In many cases, the wedding invitation gives you some insight into what the wedding atmosphere might look like – from rustic chic to tropical vibes, there are plenty of colors and patterns to choose that are beautiful and comfortable.
· Take a wrap or shawl. No matter what the temperature is like during the day, evening temps can drop in August. Stay prepared by having a cardigan or shawl on hand, just in case you need it.
· Don’t forget the SPF. Summer sun is pretty intense, so always protect skin with a sunscreen – especially if the wedding is outdoors!