Love a maxi dress but not sure how to style it aside from throwing on a pair of sandals? We’ve got five different ways to style this wardrobe staple so you can wear it any time of year.
· Accessorize with a belt. Turn a summer maxi dress into a seasonal staple by adding a belt and cinching in the waist. Incorporating a belt is an easy way to take this look from casual weekend to workplace friendly, plus it accentuates curves!
· Pair with a denim jacket. A denim jacket adds an instant punch of style to any maxi dress. The classic wash pairs with every pattern and color, but there’s always white and black options to play around with throughout the year.
· Turn it into a skirt! Yes, that’s right. By throwing a sweater over your maxi dress and pairing it with booties and tights, you’ve got yourself the perfect fall (or winter) look. Cropped sweaters are a great option to balance out the volume from a maxi skirt.
· Layer it. The maxi dress works as an essential piece in any closet because of the versatility it provides. Use different pieces to change up the look – blazers, cardigan sweaters, and even a crisp button-down shirt gives a maxi so many options!
· Add a statement with jewelry. Dainty and feminine or chunky statement piece – any time you switch up your jewelry you can easily dress up even the simplest maxi.
Shopping for comfortable clothes that get a lot of wear? Maxi dresses should be a wardrobe staple so don’t put them away once it cools down – there’s plenty of ways to keep this stylish piece in your rotation.