Socializing and dining just feels better outside. From gorgeous servingware to a variety of textures and colors, creating a welcoming and comfortable space for you and your guests is a must.
Whether you’re revamping your space or starting from scratch, here are five things you need to have for your next backyard get-together:
· Drink dispenser: Don’t get stuck in the house filling everyone’s drink. Instead, set up a chic drink dispenser near guests and invite them to fill up themselves! Place tumblers or glasses nearby to make things easy on you and your guests.
· Games: Everyone loves a good game in the backyard. Limited space? Look for something like cornhole or a small putting green that can go on a walkway or driveway. Blessed with a larger yard? Bocce ball is the classic backyard game.
· Bluetooth speaker: A must at any outdoor gathering. Hook up your favorite streaming app to a Bluetooth speaker and let technology be your DJ. Music really adds to the ambiance and you can easily tailor the tunes to any theme or style outing!
· Citronella oil: No one wants to get bitten by mosquitos while enjoying the evening. Use citronella around the gathering space to keep the pesky bugs away – use candles, lanterns, or oil as part of the décor to keep things chic but functional.
· Grill: It’s been scientifically proven everything tastes better when it’s cooked on a grill! Okay, not exactly, but grilled proteins and vegetables are delicious. Investing in a good, quality grill will take you through numerous entertaining events.
With a few simple additions, you can easily transform your space into a fun, welcoming spot for your guests!